Axel Hilling’s research focus on income tax issues related to the use of financial instruments. Topics covered include national and international taxation of:
- Income from debt and equity (including hybrid financial instruments) issued by Swedish companies.
- Gains and losses from derivatives held by individuals and/or companies.
- Income from complex financial instruments traded on regulated markets.
- Income from OTC financial instruments.
Axel Hilling is primarily teaching tax law, regulations on financial accounting, and legal methodology. He is course director for the following courses:
- Tax Law II (Beskattningsrätt II) – Advanced Level
- International Tax Law (Internationell beskattning) – Advanced Level
- Accounting and Law – Advanced Level